System Administrator – Nexus Family Healing
Plymouth, MN- [email protected]
I am currently looking for a full time position in an environment that offers a greater challenge. Willing to relocate.
Authorized to work in the US.
- Ubiquiti UEWA
- SMART Certified Trainer
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Microsoft Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Server 2012 R2
- Software: Symantec Antivirus, MS Office 2003/2007/2010/2013 and 2016, MS Visio, Remote Desktop, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Cisco Jabber, Vmware ESXi, Microsoft HyperV, Microsoft DHCP, Microsoft DNS, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft RDS, Microsoft DFS, ESET, Office 365, MDT 2012
- Hardware: Modems, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones, Ubiquiti AirOS products, Mikrotik, Ruckus, Dlink Switches, HP switches, Dell Switches, Security IP Cameras, Ubiquiti Unifi APs, SonicWall Firewalls
Nexus Family Healing – Plymouth, MN – 04/2018 to Current
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain server hardware, software, and technology services.
- Assist in assessing infrastructure and end-user needs and propose the purchasing of hardware, software, or services.
- Implement and manage servers to support the Enterprise service to include: file/print, email, storage, directory services, data backup, desktop deployment, telephony, data base, etc.
- Install, configure, upgrade and troubleshoot firewalls, switches and routers as necessary.
- Manage backup of critical systems.
- Maintain security services to include content filtering, anti-virus/spam/spyware.
- Implement and assist in the management of the Enterprise Active Directory to include group policies, ACLs and security.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain end-user images for consistent delivery of end-user software including operating system, productivity equipment, and security.
- Provide Tier II end user support and backup and assist the Helpdesk when necessary.
- Communicate and collaborate with the broad IT team about best practices and proposed changes.
- Maintain documentation and procedures for consistent delivery of services.
- Manage the centralized deployment of end user devices and software.
- Provide day to day end user support for corporate office and Minnesota-based operations.
- Maintain computer, network, and related systems documentation.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors and site IT Staff.
- Participate in planning with leadership to provide excellent end-user support.
- Provide computer education and training to staff as needed.
- Ensure confidentiality of client and staff information.
Sr. IT Coordinator
Nexus – Indian Oaks Academy – Manteno, IL – 05/2017 to 04/2018
- Administration of 25 servers running a mixture of Server 2008 and 2012 R2 in a mixed physical / virtual and HyperV / VMWare environment.
- Account, permission and network drive management for 350+ clients using Active Directory.
- Management and administration of Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V environment.
- Dell enterprise hardware support, including: VRTx, Poweredge M630 blade servers, MD3000i and MD3200i storage.
- Management and administration of VMWare ESXi environment.
- Mailbox and distribution list management using Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Image creation, customization, management and deployment of Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop computing environment using MDT.
- User and machine specific preference management using GPO.
- Enterprise software delivery and access management via-GPO and Active Directory.
- Backups management for the Windows Server Environment using Avamar (EMC).
- iOS Upgrade, Backup Configuration Retention, Port / VLAN management in a mixed HP Procurve / Cisco switching environment.
- Remote location VPN and Web Content Filtering using Dell Sonicwall.
- Cisco VOIP phone environment administration. Phone service delivered via-SIP Trunks and managed with Cisco Call Manager.
- Remote Access Administration using Microsoft RDS for RDP and Remote Application availability.
- Supervise, grow, and develop 1 IT Technician.
Nexus – Onarga Academy – Onarga, IL – 11/2012 – 05/2017
- Install network equipment, along with running all new cabling, conduit, and proper terminations
- Provide any technical assistance to employees and residents on campus with any technology related equipment
- Help enforce policies regarding IT systems
- Setup video conferencing software with Clients over phone or via remote desktop
- Install security cameras and verify connectivity with the correct staff
- Use tools such as: telnet, ssh, ping, traceroute, arp, ipconfig
- Worked with Dell, HP and Cisco switches
- Carefully planned out bringing the corporate domain structure to a forest domain and integrating with Office 365.
- Created a standard corporate image using Windows 10 LTSB, MDT, and PDQ.
- Implemented Directaccess using Windows 10 and Server 2012 R2
Freelance – 2010 – Present
- Consulted for new equipment
- Setup LAN
- Remote Desktop
- DVR systems
- Setup network printing / file sharing
- Setup up firewall
- Setup an automatic backup program
Tier 2 Technical Support / National Field Operations Dispatcher
Pavlov Media Inc – Champaign, IL – 07/2011 – 11/2012
- Accept calls from angry customers that just want their service to work, and refuse to troubleshoot, try and get them calmed down and try and troubleshoot as much as possible without having to escalate the problem and send a technician out on a call that is not a physical issue.
- Work with Field technicians and coordinate the best possible solution to the problems at hand to best suit the customer’s needs and the properties needs while trying to be the best fiscally that we can be.
- Accept calls from tier 1 technical support and continue the deeper down troubleshooting of the network and try to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- Call back frustrated customers to verify that their solution was fixed and everything was resolved to their satisfaction.
- Order equipment and have it ready onsite for technicians before they get there to make sure everything goes smoothly while onsite.
- Use tools such as: telnet, ssh, ping, traceroute, arp, ipconfig, slingbox, ir controllers, and web gui to assist in getting customers video and data service back online
- Worked with Dell, HP, Dlink, and Cisco switches on site, including switches.
- Worked with Mikrotik, Ruckus, Cisco, Ubiquiti, and multiple other access points remotely to get them configured correctly.
Asset Protection Associate
Walmart Stores Inc. – Champaign, IL – 10/2010 – 08/2012
- Performed upgrades for camera equipment, DVRs, CCTV and network troubleshooting
- Safety Team Leader – Communicate safe work practices at weekly meetings, Review accident trends and find ways to reduce accidents, Lead by example safe work practices
- Performed Internal Investigations – Investigate employees for integrity violations, policy violations, find billing and receiving errors that result in shrink in the company
- Investigated and prosecuted customers who steal from the company while still being respectful and following company policy
- Enforced policies throughout the company
Master of Science, Information Technology Management
Western Governors University – Salt Lake City, Utah
Information Systems Technologies
Walden University Minneapolis – Minneapolis, MN